Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8/17 - Summer vacation: Camping edition

Um, hi.  I'm back.  I meant to announce that I'd be off for a bit, but things got super busy and then I was in the woods.  Let me explain...

So my friend and I had been talking about camping and thinking it would be great to take our collective kids on a camping adventure, and then we put our planning heads together and just like that, a camping trip was born.

First, we took a ferry ride into the city to have lunch with our friends.
Then, we packed up everything but the kitchen sink, and went off to the redwoods.

We met banana slugs, deer, raccoons, huge crows, and lots of mosquitoes.
The kids frolicked on fallen trees and made "dirt angels" in the dust.  (In their pajamas. Sigh.)
We played pirates, finding that fallen trees make excellent planks and pirate ships.  We found nuts and called them gold dubloons.
We went to the beach and ran wild with friendly dogs.
We ate camp stove nachos and made s'mores.

We camped with twin 6-year olds and a 3-year old and not only survived, but thrived.  Best vacation ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment